Thursday 12 July 2012

Victoria Beckham Says 'It's Hard' Being A Working Mum

Victoria Beckham Says 'It's Hard' Being A Working Mum 
 

 
She’s 38, a wife, mother of four – and she’s also at the helm of a fashion empire with an estimated turnover of £60million. Not bad, eh? But Victoria Beckham says that despite glamorous appearances, she faces the same daily struggles juggling her family and career.‘Being a mum is difficult,’ she said in a recent interview with British Airways’ Business Life Magazine. ‘There’s no rule book, I’m just doing the best I can for David and for them.’

As wife to beautiful David, and mum to Brooklyn, 13, Romeo, nine, Cruz, seven and one-year-old Harper, we’re not surprised she’s stressed. And Victoria even admitted that baby Harper goes to work with her each day too, travelling with her all around the world.'I work hard but a lot of people work hard,' she continued. 'My husband and my kids are my priority. I schedule my work around my children. Harper comes with me everywhere. The boys came when they were little but they’re at school now.'

Phew! Hats off to her we say - and Samantha Parker does too. She wrote on Grazia UK's Facebook page, 'I'm a mum of three young children and I am lucky enough that I don't work and I still find it really hard sometimes.'Fair play to her - she always seems to be pictured with her family on outings etc, and carrying her baby and I understand they rely on family to help and not a team of nannies which is nice to hear.'

Amanda Wilkes agrees. 'The cynical part of me thinks she's just saying it to sound more 'real' and less like a multi-millionaire businesswoman with nannies and an army of helpers at her disposal,' she wrote on Facebook. 'But the non-cynical side of me feels that she has every right to a have a successful career AND a family and as a working Mum, I know exactly where she's coming from about juggling a busy schedule.'

And it’s great to hear that Victoria is voicing and acknowledging the feelings of millions of women across the country – isn’t it?

Verona Hanlon says not. ‘Yes it's probably tough for her,’ she wrote on Grazia UK’s Facebook page. ‘But she should also be empathetic to how much tougher it is for other mothers doing the same thing but who don’t have the privilege of doing it first class & with help at her disposal!’

No comments:

Post a Comment