Sunday 5 August 2012

Talented High Schoolers Show Off Their Inspired Designs At Teen Fashion Awards

Talented High Schoolers Show Off  Their Inspired Designs At Teen Fashion Awards


The high school students designed and made outfits across four categories - casual wear, formal wear, wearable art, society and environment.

Georgia Colyer, 17, from Coromandel Valley, said she was inspired by the film Black Swan  and Swan Lake to create her dress for the wearable art category. "I used four packets of diamantes on my shoes. It took a long time to glue them on," the Scotch College student said. "I would ideally like to be a professional dancer but if that doesn't work out, I would like to do something in costume design."

Fellow designer Azzy Cisternino, 16, wanted to create an outfit with a sweet and sour concept before deciding on her "butterfly" piece.

"At one stage I lost hope and thought it wasn't going to work out, but I'm now glad it has turned out," she said. "It was great fun and we've got great staff here to help us."

Top placegetters will compete in the national final in Melbourne on October 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment